90 Stanza cold running problem

I could use some suggestions/help. I have a 90 stanza with 160K miles on it. Runs great when up to temp (hot). Doesn't run for shit when cold. It won't shift, just cycles between 2nd and 3rd gear (auto trans). This goes on for about 5 minutes until the car gets up to temp then it runs and shifts as normal. Our current solution is to start the car , go inside for 5 minutes, then take the car on the road. I have done the normal, plugs, Dist cap, O2 sensor, temp sensor, in the past 6 months trying to get rid of the problem. Also checked Auto trans fluid level.

I did find a couple of Vac lines cracked and replaced them but it had no bearing on my cold running problem.

Does anyone have suggestions? How do I check the error codes? The Haynes manual is really vague on this.

Thanks, Dan

Reply to
Dan