'94 Pathfinder Speedometer

My speedometer just started acting strange. For the first 10 minutes, it reads half of true speed. After that, it works fine.

I haven't yet checked my odometer or cruise control to see how they are affected. Anyone experience this problem? Is the speedometer easy to remove?

Thanks!

Reply to
Marko

The problem is most likely the speed sensor located on the transmission. $60 part at most auto stores.

Jim Rojas

Reply to
Jim Rojas

Follow-up on my original post....

The odometer and cruise control are both affected. Odometer runs slow when speedometer is reading at half speed. Cruise control will not engage until speedometer reads about 30MPH - That's about 60MHP during the first 10 minutes of driving. Doesn't this suggest the problem is the speed sender?

Reply to
Marko

Its the same part I am referring to. It effects all you mentioned.

Jim Rojas

Reply to
Jim Rojas

Reply to
Marko

I replaced the speed sensor. Speedometer is still broken. Damn!

Reply to
Marko

I hear you...I too have replaced many parts just to get to the root of a weird problem.

Jim Rojas

Reply to
Jim Rojas

Could it possibly be the Speedo cable?

Shawn

Reply to
Shawn

Unfortunately no, the 94 is electric (no cable). Time to bite the bullet (as I did for my 95) and replace the speedometer assembly.

Wil

Reply to
Truck