94 quest speed sensor, speedometer diagnosis

My 94 Quest (110K miles) speedometer has in the past cut out a couple times, but then resumed working shortly w/o any noticable problems.

This time it appears to have quit permanently. The Hays manual says with ignition key on (engine off) check for voltage between connector and ground. There is no voltage that I could measure. The engine check light also comes on but car still appears to run normally.

Before I remove (w/o breaking) the sensor to try the next test (spining and testing for AC voltage), or simply replacing it for $150, can someone advise me on how to pinpoint the real problem? Do any of the other repair manuals give a better description?

Also, besides the dealer and Autozone, who carries this part?

Thanks for suggestions.

Reply to
arlogleason

Look up... just a few threads above this one.....!

-SP

snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Reply to
Speedy Pete