'95 Pathfinder XE - Need to keep resetting keyless entry system

Hi all, I have a 1995 Pathfinder XE. I bought a Nissan OEM keyless entry remote off ebay last year that works great, when it works, that is. Occasionally it doesn't work at all. I've found resetting the keyless entry system will make it work again. Since this happened relatively infrequently I didn't really care.

Lately (within the last week), I've had to reset the thing every morning. I've noticed in the past that I seem to have this problem when I park in a public area, such as a store parking lot, not that it would matter.

Does this happen to anyone else? Does anyone know what the cause may be? I've hypothesized that perhaps someone else's keyless entry system puts mine into an odd state, but I'm not sure if that's possible.

thanks RPM

Reply to
RPM