97 Nissan Altima Temp. guage?

I just got a 97 Nissan Altima 2.4.When I rev the engine the tempature gauge goes back to cold from half way.Any body have a clue as to what might cause this.Thanks! Bobby

Reply to
bobby swift

Golly geee, I just sent my crystal ball in for a tune up so I can't gaze into it and tell you what's wrong.

Do some detective work and get back to us.

Reply to
NissTech

I'll probably need a crystal ball to figure this one out.I just got the car and had to put a distributer in it because it wasn't fireing.The person I got it from,said the first distributer exploded from the rotor button coming loose,so he got a junk yard one,ran it 4 weeks and it just quit firing.I got one off ebay,put it on and it fired right up...I'll let you know what I find out. Cheers! Bobby

Reply to
bobby swift

The thermostat is stuck open and needs changing. Maybe you will be the first person in this cars life to change it's coolant.

Given the car has other issues that point to an abused past I suggest the car needs changing.

Reply to
Peter Hill

The car has 270,000 miles on it.Looks like someone put dexcool in it.At first I thought it was just water.The heater is hot,even as the temp.guage drops..might be a different story once going down the road.Thanks for any suggestions.I purchased the car as a parts car,but my neighbor cant mind his own business and turns me in to the city code officer,every time I get a different vehicle,so I'll most likely sell it.Where I live,even if its covered(car cover)it has to have plates and inspection sticker on it.Thanks! Bobby

Reply to
bobby swift
±x?eRM?Ü0 ½?x½´»²?B)l·Ënée ÐK¡gÇQbuk°?IçßWÎ@é?l¤§÷¡Ýî{ÂWòØw öûÇý???ôÒ????mû²R¯ç6?ânûEYyÔ{¬Y?wOüüvÒOøÞeWðþc×t]??#HkûMäXùH(2?$ÂiQ ô?DðÖôªOüüsä\he jX þ×Rj¡??5P-ÁA´¡3%X?ºÁR?O??0d9?¶¹bö??2%EQÉ£ì ?p?0?þËâÛí?I%Ã%³e?&*?J{0m?4ÔÙÍãäprYK}6ýr«u¾ ?1ê Î;c2sLU%Ð/??°O]r*?©?¦r]Àz???#{ÊÕ¥l#L??ÏØGj?àð.FÌbî?¢i¢o-£?Áæ 'ò?®nóhÿ¦Jl

wUìVß[^õ?cpgË;ZP??[ÌTNä«qæ>û£ey=?«Áoð¥?Ý6²ûåNé

Reply to
system

I unpluged the connector at the tempature sensor.Pluged it back up and now it stays at the half way point. Cheers! Bobby

Reply to
bobby swift

bobby swift wrote the following:

One of the annual maintenance performances on my 97 Nissan PU is to unplug and replug all elect. connections under the hood. Adding dielectric grease to the prongs also helps to retard corrosion.

Reply to
willshak