97 nissan altima rumbling noise

I have a 97 nissan altima with 113000 miles. At slow speeds, a rumbling type rattle can be heard, coming from the rear. It seems that something is loose, but I have inspected all the suspension parts in the rear and can find nothing loose. I do not want to start changing parts without knowing for sure what the problem is. Has anyone else had this problem? Thanks for any help.

Reply to
Charles W. Owen

Check your tires, make sure they look alright and aren't rubbing agains anything. Also, look in the spare tire well in the trunk, I once had golf ball in mine that made an awful noise from time to time

-

Message posted using

information at

bucksatan

"Charles W. Owen" wrote in news:%Yb2k.5$ snipped-for-privacy@bignews5.bellsouth.net:

Make sure the lug nuts are tight. I had this problem, but it was on the front. I assumed it was the CV-joint. It wasn't.

Reply to
Gordon