Belts or chains?

I have a 95' Nissan P/U XE. It's 2wd with an automatic transmissions. Anyways I was wondering if it had a timing belt or a timing chain. If it has a belt I'm running on borrowed time because it has 137K/mi and it's never been changed. I guess I kinda need a quick answer on this one because my P/U is going in the shop to get some work done soon and I will have that changed if it needs it. Thanks.

Reply to
J-Dawg

Sorry I don't remember the various engines in the different models, but if you have a V6 in it, it has a belt and yes indeed you are running on borrowed time.

If it's a 4 cylinder, it's a chain.

Wil

was wondering if it had a timing belt or a timing chain. If it has a belt I'm running on borrowed time because it has 137K/mi and it's never been changed. I guess I kinda need a quick answer on this one because my P/U is going in the shop to get some work done soon and I will have that changed if it needs it. Thanks.

Reply to
Truck

Opps...forgot that part...yeah it's a 4 banger. thanks

Anyways I was wondering if it had a timing belt or a timing chain. If it has a belt I'm running on borrowed time because it has 137K/mi and it's never been changed. I guess I kinda need a quick answer on this one because my P/U is going in the shop to get some work done soon and I will have that changed if it needs it. Thanks.

Reply to
J-Dawg

I have a 95' Nissan P/U XE. It's 2wd with an automatic transmissions. Anyways I was wondering if it had a timing belt or a timing chain. If it has a belt I'm running on borrowed time because it has 137K/mi and it's never been changed. I guess I kinda need a quick answer on this one because my P/U is going in the shop to get some work done soon and I will have that changed if it needs it. Thanks.

Reply to
Polaris

If it has the V6, then it has a timing belt and it's well past the recommended replacement point. I'm afraid I don't know the answer if it's a 4-cyl. Any Nissan dealer should be able to tell you.

Reply to
SGrant

Reply to
Sarky

He should have been able to tell himself the answer long ago but he'd rather waste YOUR time: He's one of the DFs who won't get a manual and apparently doesn't know who to search the Internet either. Probably just too cheap, lazy or maybe he just likes to leech off people here. I'd say all of the above.

John D.

Reply to
John D.

I have a 95' Nissan P/U XE. It's 2wd with an automatic transmissions. Anyways I was wondering if it had a timing belt or a timing chain. If it has a belt I'm running on borrowed time because it has 137K/mi and it's never been changed. I guess I kinda need a quick answer on this one because my P/U is going in the shop to get some work done soon and I will have that changed if it needs it. Thanks.

Reply to
Leonard Edwards

Fuck you too John D. As for all the other's, thanks for your help. What does the D stand for anyway; Dick? Or perhaps "dickless"?

Reply to
J-Dawg

Just like last time when you made a lame post, Deputy Dawg, you're very welcome.

Don't forget, anytime you need help telling you what a lazy lame ass you are, just ask.

John D.

Reply to
John D.