buying pathfinder 2001 or newer?

I think I will buy a pathfinder. I heard the 2001 was the best year. Do any of the newer years have anything (besides less miles) that is worth the extra bucks? What's a good price for a 2001? A new 2003 seems to be going for $29k before taxes.

I saw a lease for a 2003 for 39 months, $2k down, for $318/mo. Is this a good deal? I did the math to buy a 2003 financing everything and it comes to about $550/mo (not including taxes). Anyone have anything similar?

The other SUVs I looked into were Acura MDX, Toyota 4Runner, and Jeep Grand Cherokee. The Nissan Pathfinder seemed to have the best bang for the buck. ??

-- Steve

Reply to
sconnet