Buying a 2001 4runner limited

Well after 11 years I am ready to retire my 1990 4runner with 320 000km . This truck has been awsome..so good that I am going to go buy another one. If it wasnt for all the rust and the leaky front seal I would probably keep driving it

I have my eye on a 2001 4runner Limited with 129000 km . I bought my last 4runner used with 150 000 km and drove it for 11 years..so I thought I would try it again.

Is there anything I should watch for in the 2001 limited model.

Here is the truck I am considering. Fully loaded with leather.

18,500 with an extra set of new tires.

What do ya think?

Cheers J

Reply to
computeks

4-Runners aren't in my area of expertise, but I know some of the mid-90's models with the 3.0 litre V-6 had a nasty habit of blowing one of the pistons. I'm nit sure what the actual condition was, but I know there was a loos of power in one or two cylinders that required a tear-down.

Toyota may have caught up with this by 2001, however, or if you have the larger motor I don't believe it's an issue.

Reply to
Hachiroku