Chipped key and magnets

I'd like to put a 2012 Versa chipped (not intelligent) ignition/door key in one of those magnetic key containers somewhere accessible from the outside
of the car in case I lose or mislay the fob and other key.
My question: Will the magnet damage the key's programming and cause the programmed key to not work properly?
TIA
--
"Things would be a lot nicer if antique people were valued
as highly as antique furniture!" Anon
KenK wrote:

no. but those keys cost so much more, I think it makes more sense to just leave the extra at home. Or if you have a fear of locking the keys inside the car, make a copy that's just metal to hide, and then you can just open the door.
GW

Personally I wouldn't "hide" a key on the car (nor hide a house key in the garden / porch / etc.). It's not very secure.
Best to leave a spare car key at home or with your partner / parents / adult children / good friend. Even better if you have a habit of locking yourself out or losing the keys, join the local Automobile Association or similar (some vehicle insurance plans also cover road-side assistance for things like when you've locked yourself out of the car).
For my car I usually leave the spare key and alarm remote at home, but sometimes I take the spare with me attached to my house keys ... which are on a separate key ring and carried in a different pocket from my normal car key (I hate lots of keys dangling from the steering wheel column). I also always carry a small screwdriver and spare battery for the alarm remote.