Headlight question

I seem to remember reading in the manual that when the ignition key (not intelligent key) was removed and door locked that the headlights would be automatically turned off if they were not already off. Looked yesterday but can't find it again. I'd rather not experiment and run down battery.

Is this true? Mine is a 2012 Versa but I suspect all Nissans are alike in the feature, if it exists.

TIA

Reply to
KenK