Deep Vibration

Anyone know what could be causing a deep vibration between 65-75? In fifth gear, the sound comes in and out of phase with the motor noise. I put in new U-joints, but the vibration is still there.

Reply to
Brobdignagland

Bent rim?

Reply to
rose

Nah. Frequency much too high. At or near driveshaft RPM.

Reply to
Brobdignagland

In neutral, if you rev the engine to the same RPM as as it's turning at

70, is the vibrati> Anyone know what could be causing a deep vibration between 65-75? In fifth
Reply to
JimV

Two piece driveline? If so, check the carrier bearing between the two

Reply to
jeff

I had that on my Nissan P/U, then I got new tires and it stopped.

Reply to
J-Dawg