EGR system and engine knocking

Hi everyone.

I posted a message about the EGR system and I got a reply that mentioned something about engine knock. I recently had the check engine light on my

94 Sentra 1.6L diagnosed as a bad hose in the EGR system. Also, my engine has always knocked unless I use premium gas. Could one be related to another? I mentioned the engine knocking to a friend recently and he was surprised that any engine should knock these days unless there is something mechnically wrong. However, my engine runs great. Is knocking normal for these engines when not using premium fuel? I'm going to use a lower grade gas and see if it has changed at all.

Brian

Reply to
Brian Burke