Fluid nor getting to Windshield

I have a 1995 Quest. When I twist the knob to spray windshield fluid, nothing happens. There's no pumping sound. I can spray fluid on the REAR hatch window with no problem. There's only one windshield fluid reservoir that I'm aware of, and it's full.

QUESTION: Anyone had this problem on a Quest or other Nissan product, and corrected it? If so, what was wrong and what did it take to fix the problem? I need to get the vehicle on the road as soon as possible.

Thanks,

Manjo 1995 Quest Van

Reply to
manjo

Check for proper power/ground function at the front pump on the reservoir when someone is hitting the spray function. *If* I remember correctly the reservoir has 2 pumps (one for the front and one for the rear) and most likely either a wire has been broken or the pump has failed.

Now it's been a LONG time since I was in the shop with one of these so I can't say if you can just replace the front pump or if both pumps are molded into the tank, in which case you know what has to be done there.

Wil

Reply to
Truck

Truck,

This sounds like a pump problem and probably two pumps involved: I don't/can't hear any pump when I hit the front sprayer. I'll start at the reservoir and work back (forward :) from there.

Thanks for the suggestions,

Manjo 1995 Quest

Reply to
manjo