Front speaker size for '92 Pathfinder

Can anyone tell me what size speakers are in the doors of my '92 Pathfinder? It appears I have to tear off the door panel to access them, and since it's January in Indiana (although it's a pretty strange January), I don't want to do this until I have the new speakers.

My wife had a new Alpine head unit installed for me for Christmas, and the rear stock units sound pretty good (although they tend to choke after a good bass hit - I need to install an amp for them, I think), but one of the fronts sounds bad, and the other just doesn't sound.

Crutchfield says 4", 5 1/4", and 6 1/2" all fit, but seems to say the 5 14/" drops right in. When I went to order some 5 1/4", it said they fit in the rear, if equipped. My rears appear to be 6x9.

Thanks. Aaron '92 Pathfinder '70 Beetle project

Reply to
Aaron and Aimee Ness