Hardbody ¿Two Coil Wires?

I have a 1995 Nissan Hardbody XE pickup truck, 4 cylinder, manual transmission. I recently replaced the spark plugs, plug wires, distributor cap and rotor button.

In the package of wires was four spark plug wires and two coil wires. Of the two coil wires, one was longer than the other. On my Nissan Hardbody, only the long coil wire would reach from the coil to the distributor cap.

I have looked everywhere on the truck for where this second coil wire could go. Maybe I'm not looking good enough, but I haven't found where it should go. Additionally, before purchasing these wires specifically for my truck, I looked at other sets of wires and they included two coil wires.

¿Does anyone know why the spark plug wire sets for a 1995 Hardbody includes two coil wires?

Thanks in advance, Davïd Greenville, NC

Reply to
Ðavïd

If I am correct, I recall that there was a post several months back that someone had an Asian version of the KA24E and that the coil was mounted in a different location on the engine. This may explain it. It is probably just as cheap to make and easier to keep in stock a set of cables that would work on several different models. I would be willing to bet that if a backwards reference check was made that same set would match several other autos which may include non-Nismos.

Leo

Reply to
Leo Alls

mounted in a

probably just

Leo, thanks for your response. I was wondering if someone was going to suggest looking somewhere else and sure enough, it would be where the second coil wire goes.

I wish the wire manufacturer would include a note or a message on the box "All wires may not be needed for some applications".

Davïd Greenville, NC

Reply to
Ðavïd