HELP?? 88' Pathfinder back up light.

I installed a new back up light switch and the lights worked for awhile then became intermittent. Now they do not work at all. Checked the switch and it is totally functional. What seems to be happening is that the shifter is not engaging the switch and I am wondering why are what I can do. The switch I got was not from Nissan and I am thinking maybe the switch does not reach in long enough buy why did it work and now it doesn't? I tried to seat the switch deeper and now have twisted it off so I need to get what's left of it out ahhhhhhhhhh. What a nightmare. Any advice.

joe

Reply to
Joe Seitz

I've seen that happen on aftermarket switches. Yeah, it's a pain getting those twisted off units out, no doubt of that, best of luck... Get yourself a set of easy-outs if it's broken off flush or vise-grips if there something remaining outside. And then get a genuine Nissan switch and only put the smallest amount of silicone sealer on the threads, if it doesn't already have sealer/locker imbeded in the new threads (I can't remember if those do, I'm leaning toward they don't..).

If you still have trouble, don't forget to remove the piece that holds the wires inside the connector and carefully examine the pins where they attach to the wires to make sure they haven't been stressed and maybe only a few strands of wire are still attached. And also be sure to check the wiring in general from the switch on back in any exposed areas for something have been hit by either road debris or damaged by heat or something else.

Wil

Reply to
Truck