How remove plastic strip at hatch door on Pathfinder?

I need to get to the reach hatch door switch on my 1994 Pathfinder to test it, but I can't find a way to remove the plastic carpet-retainer strip that covers the switch.

The plastic strip is held to the floor by Phillips-head screw/pins. When I try to loosen them they turn but don't lift out.

I obviously don't have the magic touch--anyone know the trick to I removing them?

Thanks.

Reply to
Al

You need long fingernails or a small flat screwdriver. While turning the plastic screw, stick a fingernail or screwdriver under the screw head to assist in pulling it up and out.

Reply to
Willshak

It sometimes helps not pushing the screw down while unscrewing it. Make sure you use the right philips screwdriver or a small flat scredriver so you can rotate the screw without applying pressure downwards.

Otherwise, willshak's suggesti> I need to get to the reach hatch door switch on my 1994

Reply to
AS