Is organic pads a good way to go

on a 240SX used in normal driving........I am a bit confused with the metallic and other pads listed. I would asume organics are equal to what Nissan originally used anyhow.

-- Visit my website:

foundry and general metal working and lots of related projects.Regards Roy aka Chipmaker // Foxeye Opinions are strictly those of my wife....I have had no input whatsoever. Remove capital A from chipmAkr for correct email address

Reply to
Roy Hauer

Organic pads are kindest to your rotors -- don't out the wear on them like metallics do -- but consequently, they'll need replacing more often than metallics (semi-metallics are in the middle)...but this is no big deal if you do it yourself. If you drive your car gently, they STILL can last a long time.

Don't know about ceramics...they're fairly new to the scene for me.

John D.

Reply to
John D.

I know the later Max's use organic, I don't know if it applies to all models.

Asbestos was only banned for a short time. The brake and clutch companies sued the EPA and won. So, it's still used in some products. I don't think you'll find it in consumer brakes.

Bob

Reply to
'nuther Bob

Well it's still banned in the UK. How do they get product liability insurance? The current law suits against asbestos product makers should have deterred anyone from using it. Or is it just US operations of non US firms that they are perusing to bankruptcy? With the rider that all assets of the parent firm worldwide can be plundered.

Peter Hill