Re: please help with '91 240sx steering failure **DANGEROUS**

before changing the power steering rack , try replacing the steering > knuckle. >

> It connects the steering column to the rack > >

I appreciate the advice. Unlike many horror stories, this one has a very nice ending. I lifted the car and slid underneath only to find a junked heat shield jammed under the steering column. This was casuing the dangerous steering condition. I yanked the scrap out and gave it a quick once over for damages. 5 min. later things were back to normal. My gf was going to just drive it to a garden variety mechanic and ask what was wrong... Good thing we didn't get to that...

I can just see the bill now... CV boot (L/R), universal joint, steering rack with knuckle... drain and refill..... anyway.... it's all good now -- thanks to all that helped out.

Andrew.

Reply to
The Good Bohemian