Need carb part for '84 Nissan Sentra...

Hi,

I am working on a 1984 Nissan Sentra 1.6 E16S engine, the vaccum secondary that opens the secondary butterfly in the carb has gone bad. I have tried Autozone, Schucks, Napa, Knechts, and Baxters auto parts in the Portland Oregon area no one carries one. One place I went I had to tell the guy twice that he was looking at the wrong thing in the book he had open.

The carb that this car has is the Hitachi DFE2832, does anyone know where I can order a vacuum secondary for this online, here is a picture of one:

Thanks,

-Landon

Reply to
lj_robins

are you sure that little dash pot is bad ?

will it actuate when vacuum is applied?

will it hold vacuum ??

Just curious

Reply to
NissTech

Yes it is bad.

No it will not hold vacuum (even with my vacuum gun).

I hooked a hose up to it and put it under water then blew through the hose, air bubbles came out of the diaphragm side where the rod comes out, this thing is stamped together and is not serviceable which is why I'm trying to find a new one.

Locally I am running out of options.

-Landon

Reply to
lj_robins

You might have to try a junk yard. Check out the following:

Good luck. Al

Reply to
al

Cool, thank you for that link, I found a used carb only a couple miles from where I live!

-Landon

Reply to
lj_robins

Great. Glad it helped. Al