Nissan engine swap

Hi all, I just inherited a Nissan 240SX - I was wondering can I stuff a

350-V8 in the car, since it's RWD ....and any one know how much they weigh ...anyone done this swap already...

...thanks joe

Reply to
JC

Get an RB26DETT motor

It makes about 300+HP and gets way better gas milelage 350-V8

Look it up on Ebay and you can get a good deal on it.

Reply to
Scott

The swap has been considered for an R32 skyline on the Skylines Australia forum.. but basically its a lot heavier and throws the balance of the car off a bit.. the money spent on trying to get the V8 in there you mayaswell just work the SR20.. im assuming your getting an SR20 and not a CA18.

The RB26DETT idea is a lotmore work considering you need to set up the 4WD system aswell

There is alot covering this topic on the net if you search for it.. try google or something.

Reply to
Tim Newton

I know that a V8 can be put into a 240SX. I own a 240 and went to a club meet once last year and there was a guy who had a chevy small block V8 in the engine compartment, and it worked. I dunno why he'd put a POS chevy engine in a 240, but he did. So you can do it.

As the old saying goes, you can fit anything if you've got the money for it.

-BD

1989 240SX fastback SE (Dark Metallic Blue).
Reply to
BD

Yeah, it can be alot more work but with the right parts and if you configure the engine correctly you can have that motor making 800 foot lbs of torque at 4000 RPMs and over 1,000 HP.

Reply to
Scott

Actually the 350 is a very good engine. It has been around for over 40 years. I know a lot of street rod owners who swear by the 350sb.

One buddy in high school had a 350 in a pinto. Dunno why. (He could've used a 302 and stayed with the family.)

Kai Ponte

Yes, it's been done.

People have apparently seen the car run, so I guess it's not bullshit.

The weight difference between the two engines is pretty insignificant. An LT1 weights (afaik) around 525 pounds. A KA24DE (again, afaik) weighs around 370 pounds.

Aries is a mod over on (shudder) NICO, if you want to track him down.

Reply to
Pronto Breakneck

Reply to
Leonard Edwards