nissan quest 95' shifter stuck in reverse

I have a 95' nissan quest and one day I was backing out of my drive way and the I pulled my shifter back into Drive, the shifter seem loose. It was in the Drive position now but it still went in reverse, no matter what gear I put it in it still was going in reverse and so I shut the engine off and now it won't even start back up. I guess because its not in the park position it won't start. Can't anyone please help me out with this problem I would really appreciate it.

Reply to
caliaccord