Nissan X-Trail

Is there a dedicated site for the Nissan X-Trail ?

Am particularly interested in the opinions / experience of other owners.

Barry D.Brown South Africa

Reply to
Barry Brown

There was a French bloke started one a while back, but it was crap (and in French).

Have thought about doing one myself but what would you put on it? Pictures? Experiences? Dunno really.

This newsgroup seems to be a reasonably good forum, although somewhat dominated by our North American cousins I suspect. Another reasonable one for obtaining news, views etc is uk.rec.cars.4x4.

What about doing a site yourself?

For what its worth, I have an X-Trail 2.2D Sport. Excellent motor. Utterly reliable, economic, roomy and extremely driveable both on and off-road. My two moans are that the seat covers on my model are not exactly easy to keep clean (should have gone for leather) and the plastics in the load bay can scuff quite easily.

Reply to
Big Ron

Thanks for the tips Ron. Traded in my Sentra today. Second one after a pocket rocket. Sorry to let it go but looking forward to the X-Trail. 2.2Diesel Limited Edition with leather Standard. Some very very very rough terrain in Africa as you know and have driven a mighty big Landcruiser through some especially wild parts. Am keen to see how strong the midget of the Nissan off roaders will turn out. Suspect more capable than many would think. bb

Reply to
Barry Brown

Barry

I was in SA in September and saw quite a few X-Trails. Got talking to one owner at a fuel stop north of Pretoria. He'd driven down from up near the Mozambique border and lived out in the sticks. Said he's been very pleasantly surprised with its off-road performance, although he did say that he would be wary of taking it onto the extreme stuff that a pukka off-roader might try.

I've taken mine into what passes for rough stuff in the UK and last time out (in gloop that was axle deep) I pulled out a Landie 90 that had got stuck, much to the drivers embarrassment.

Reply to
Big Ron