Pathfinder 60k Checkup

I am curious as to what is a reasonable cost for the 60,000 miles maintenance. I have 2 daughters both with pathfinders. The first daughter spent $800 on this maintenance. The second daughter is getting close to needing. What is your experience with this service?? I have a Toyota 4 Runner and the maintenance is like $300. I don't see the difference..

Whats the risk in not doing it at all??

Reply to
Dale

I don't know about the dollar figure but I'm assuming that the Pathfinders in question have timing belts and not timing chains. Those need replaced at the 60,000 mile mark.

If the maintenance (aka t-belt, t-belt tensioner, water pump, seals, etc.) isn't done, a slipped or broken belt, bent valves and a daughter stranded in no-man's land at the worse possible time is waiting just around the corner. Just make sure the shop is doing a full service and don't cut corners. If you try to save a little now, you will pay heavily down the road. I saw too many people come through the shop door with their vehicle on the rollback because they had tried to get `a few more miles' out of their timing belts.

Wil

Reply to
Truck

I'm pretty sure the manual calls for belt service at 90K on a 3.3l.

Reply to
Mind Melt