Primera 2.0 Turbo Diesel

Hi, I have a 2000 nissan primera turbo diesel which struggles to start.
On investigaging I found that their was no diesel exiting the injection
pump (bosch), I that added a direct live to the pump and it started this lasted about 50 miles. Now with the live on it starts but cuts out
a few minutes later? Can anyone throw some light on the problem? Something else is cutting off the fuel? Help. Taking it to nissan is my
last option. seems to be an electrical problem to me, but I might be wrong. Any idea's?
Jon