Purchasing parts for 2002 Q45? Desperate...

Where on the Internet can I purchase parts (i.e. suspension, mechanical) for a 2002 Q45? I don't want to buy directly from the Infiniti dealer because they're way too expensive. I just want to buy them and take the car to an independent mechanic.

Thanks.

Reply to
VMI

Now let me get this straight... you bought an infinity... and now you're trying to get cheap parts?

Telstar Electronics

Let me get this straight... I bought an infiniti... and now I have to go broke buying parts?

Telstar Electr> > Where on the Internet can I purchase parts (i.e. suspension,

Reply to
VMI

Yeah, that's pretty much it... They're proud of those parts.

The prices at infinitipartsusa.com (which is a nissan/infiniti dealer in Scottsdale, AZ), and nissanparts.org (which is a different Nissan/Infiniti dealer also in Scottsdale) are usually reasonable and compete favorably with the better Nissan OEM parts sources.

For those parts that are shared with other Nissans, buy from a Nissan source like Courtesy Nissan ( courtesyparts.com ).

You can also just google for the part you need (e.g. "q45 bushings") and you will be amazed how many sources pop up.

Reply to
E Meyer

Yes...

Telstar Electronics

Thanks for the info. I still haven't purchased the car. I'm basically looking for information on what the cost would be to maintain this type of vehicle. In your opinion, whose parts are more expensive, those for the ES300 or the 2002 Q45? That's essentially what I'm comparing it with since my current car is a '98 ES300.

Thanks again.

E Meyer wrote:

Reply to
VMI

I don't have any direct experience with Lexus. The one guy I knew who had one only kept it for a year because the dealer was raping him on parts and services. I think if you use dealer parts/services, Lexus and Infiniti prices will be similar.

I have not found my Infinities to be any more expensive to maintain than other cars I have owned, and they have been lower cost than my Hondas & Acuras, mostly because the Infinities have timing chains that don't need changing.

Reply to
E Meyer

Thanks for the post.

The reason I've been asking so many questions is that I recently saw someone selling his '02 Q45 (with 36k miles) for $19K. The car is in great condition inside and out. My only concern is that if something breaks or needs to be changed, I can just go buy the part anywhere and take it to an independent mechanic. In my case (with my ES 300), I purchased a set of 4 shock absorbers on ebay for about $300. I just want to have several options when something breaks... I don't want to have to go to Infiniti (I know it'll be expensive). I just want a nice car that's reasonable to maintain.

BTW, is the mechanical aspect of the Q45 straightforward? I've heard that with higher-end cars like BMW or MB can't be taken to any mechanic, and that parts for these cars are just way too much. That's mainly the reason I've stayed away from these models.

Thanks again.

Reply to
VMI