Re: 240sx starter problem, please help

This is a common problem when aftermarket rebuilt starters are used

Go to the dealership and buy a factory OEM rebuilt starter

I have an '89 auto-tranny 240sx. When the motor is hot, the car does > not start. The starter just clicks. If I try it about five times > then it will start. > > I have replaced the starter twice (used Duralast and Bosch brands) and > I checked the power at the starter to be 12.6V. I also cleaned all > cable ends, checked the ground wire, etc. > > I cannot find any relay that could be causing a problem. Can anyone > give me advice? I also have a '90 240SX auto, so it would be easy to > switch parts between them to isolate a problem.. if only I knew what > to swap. > > thanks > Eric >
Reply to
NissTech