removing dashboard to access lightbulb in 1992 Sentra

Hi

can someone explain to me how to change the left lightbulb behind the dashbord? We were able to remove several covers from the dashboard but are unable to detach the last one which is right over the speedometer and odometer. It's very thin plastic, I am afraid to break it and it seems to be attached to some cables behind it. How do I get at the lightbulb? There seems to be no access from underneath either.

Thanks for any help! Copa

Reply to
copa
92 has a mechanical speedometer I believe. You'll need to remove the black piece around the cluster (2 screws going into the 'shelf' above the cluster, going up. there are probably more) once that's been removed, you can remove the cluster (4 screws I think, disconnect the cables from the back of the cluster, incl the mechanical speedo cable) the pull the cluster, and change the bulbs. they are built into 'twist base' mounts.

I very rusty on this & it's late...

Gary k

Reply to
gary

Thank you, Gary, for your help. We'll make another attempt at this :-)

copa

Reply to
copa

this may help, it for a 98 (no speedo cable) but it's similar...

gary