remote receiver module

anybody know where its located in the the 4th gen Maxima?

Reply to
Vman

Behind the trunk panel, under the antenna.

Reply to
Jim

what is the trunk panel? is it the removable piece where the jack is hidden?

Reply to
Vman

It's just behind that removable piece. You have to take off that whole side panel. It's pretty easy to remove. You know that the remote is part of the alarm, right? So what's back there is the alarm controller.

Reply to
Jim

I acquired a used remote but I'm not sure if it works, when i bought my car it didnt come with a remote but it has the factory alarm. I wasn't able to program this remote i just got, and im not sure if the remote is broken or if its the car. I followed the procedure to program it from the maxima FAQ and im certain the car should have remote entry capabilities because its fully loaded with the security and convenience package (has homeline, lighted vanity, bose, etc)

Reply to
Vman

I'm not sure the remote is good, i tried a new battery but it still didn't work. i have a factory alarm, but i don't know the history of the car. I'm assuming that it should have come with the keyless entry because of all the options that it has (s&c homelink works, etc). Unfortunately, when i bought the car, the nissan used dealer didn't give me a remote with it, i only got 1 key and they made an extra copy for me (doing a shitty job at that). So i'm trying to figure out what the truth is without spending tons of $$$$. Nissan said programming a new remote for the factory alarm will run me $174 bucks. Ridiculous.. I have no way of figuring out how if this remote i bought is functional. I'm trying to do some guesswork.

Reply to
Vman

Reply to
Richard Tomkins

I have followed the steps acurately and it still didn't work which makes me wonder if something is wrong with the car's receiver module. perhaps the previous owner pulled it out . im afraid im gonna have to pay out my ass and take it to the dealer, or possibly try another remote, i found some websites that sell OEM replacement remotes, i dont trust ebay, i got screwed once.

Reply to
Vman

You can look and see if the remote module is there and is plugged in.

Reply to
Jim