Primera washer fuse story oddity.

I have a 5 Door/Hatch 1.8lit 16V ACTIV 01 Nissan Primera circa 2001

With the bad weather and all, I guess the washer fluid froze and excessive attempts to get the window washed evemtually blew the fuse.

I inspected the fuses in rather bad light and it looked OK. However the wife later said the rear window wiper and the front intermittent wipper had also failed. Very odd as there are clearly differnt fuses for each:- - r wiper 10amo - wiper 15amo - wash motor 10amp

Inspecting the fuses again in good day light it was clear the 10amp washer fuse had gone. However it appears that the "wash motor" fuse also affects the front and rear wiper action as well as the washer pump!

Reply to
Fergus McMenemie

Just had a look at the wiring diagram as I also have a 2001 Primera and yes the 10amp fuse (No21) does indeed control the front & rear wiper amp that drives the wiper relays as well as the washer pump, the other fuses protect the actual wiper motors.

Trevor Smith

Reply to
Trevor Smith