Sentra SE-R 1993 Starter Removal

I need to replace the starter on my 93 SE-R. It is really buried above the rack and pinion and below the injectors. It looks like I have to take out the fuel injection rack and a metal shield to get to the starter. Is this the right way to do it? Doesn't look possible to get it out from the bottom.

Thanks for the help.

Jim in Houston

Reply to
Jim

B.McNeill

Don't know about the SE-R, but if it is like the '94 XE, removal is from the bottom, remove the intake manifold brace, remove two bolts from the starter (one from underneath the starter & the one above the starter is removed from the opposite direction, from the tranny housing). Part of it is a blind procedure.

Reply to
rose

You'll have to remove quite a number of wires/hoses as well as the intake inlet hose, air filter housing, to get a legit access to removing the bolts that mounts the starter. It should only take about

40 m>I have never looked at your model, but i have removed starter from some
Reply to
Andy

Reply to
Bill H