Sentra won't start

96 Sentra 1.6, was running a little rough so I changed plugs, rotor and cap. On my first try it started and ran fine, cut it off and started again with no problem. Went back the next day to drive it and it will not run. Has spark, fuel, timing seems to be correct, it just keeps flooding.

Thanks in advance for any help, Dennis

Reply to
dennis dunaway

Sounds like it's ready for the salvage yard.

Reply to
Joe Sprawling

Bosch platinums?

Reply to
Steve T

Reply to
dennis dunaway

Sounds like its "super flooded". Done that with my 97 Sentra last year, and my 2000 Frontier just a couple of weeks ago. Happens in the winter when you start up and turn it off with cold motor. Both times, I had started up, and turned back off before engine warmed up or idle dropped down to normal. Cold start injector keeps dumping fuel into the crankcase. You'll know when your dipstick smells like gas.

You can fix it, though. Remove and clean up the gas soaked plugs, reinstall, remove fuel pump fuse (keep it in your hand), then start up. Once it catches, pop the fuse back in. It'll sputter a little and then smooth out. You might have to repeat process a couple of times to get all the gas blown through. Took me three times on my Sentra, and twice on the Frontier.

---Bob in ABQ---

97 Sentra GXE 00 Frontier XE KC
Reply to
Bob Bolick