98 Nissan Pathfinder Stalling

Hi,

I just purchased a 98 Nissan Pathfinder and have noticed that when I start the vehicle (after it has been sitting for several hours) if I try to drive it less than 1 minute or so after starting the vehicle stalls.

I am not sure if this is normal or not as I have not owned a nissan or an suv before. I know with some of my other cars that I can just start and go...but it doesn't seem to be the case with the pathfinder.

I am trying to figure out what the cause of the stalling could be and whether or not it is worthwhile to get it checked out by a nissan dealership.

Reply to
Michael Miller

It's not. First easy step is cleaning the throttle housing..

Reply to
Steve T

Our Pathfinder was stalling when we tried to start it after sitting for several hours, also. No one on here offered an idea, so we figured it out ourselves. :) We replaced the coil and it has been running fine ever since. The old one was rusted and moisture was getting inside..... Hope this helps.

Reply to
Kay