Service engine soon

"Service engine soon", said my 98' Maxima this morning, under the beautiful sun... it just reached 88 071 km on the odometer.

What's up with this? Can somebody tell me what this means (please keep your stupid answers to yourselves, *grin*)?

Thanks!

Beeb

Reply to
Bebert

it means that the ECM has detected a problem with one of the many sensors throughout the car.

Reply to
NissTech

It means to do exactly what it says.. Service Your Engine Im not assuming you havn't but i would be incredibly concerned if you havnt serviced it in 88071km, I like an oil change at least every 5000km at the same time change or clean the air element, gearbox oil atleast every

10000km, fuel filter, diff oil every 10000km, and any other usual servicing I havnt mentioned.
Reply to
Tim Newton