Thinking about buying a Titan

I'm doing some initial research on invoice prices and the like and I'm curious about some options.

An important bit for me is that the radio be capable of playing MP3 CDs. Is this possible with the factory installed options or should I install a system myself.

What other options would recommend?

Reply to
Blowfly

You would not buy a better built truck based on the stereo?

Reply to
Meat-->Plow

Reply to
Blowfly

Reply to
TopPoster

Nissan like all auto manufacturers offers up packages and incentives depending on options. Some are co-dependant on each other. I wouldn't take the overall purchase of a moderately expensive truck like the Titan so lightly as to have what the factory stereo did or did not do.

Reply to
Meat-->Plow

some people don't think before they speak. Obliviously your asking if its worth it or to get it with out... so you will go aftermarket... Newsgroups are full of stupid people trying to show their intelligence. yet if they had any they would know newsgroups are dead.

For you response on what... I think go bare as possible for the radio... aftermarket all the way.

Reply to
OniIsan

Speaking, (writing), about stupid people, it's "you're asking", not "your asking". And it's "your response", not "you response"! ROFL Anyway, your last sentence doesn't make much grammatical sense either way! LOL

Reply to
Jeremiah

I have a Titan XE 4x4, I'm not sure about the MP# CD issue, but to base your purchase on an item like that is foolish. I have Sirius Satellite radio, so cd's are not an issue.

You need to think more of the over all purpose of the vehicle.

Is it just for commuting, towing, cargo hauling, what is the overall desire?

If you want it for towing, read the article in trailer life magazine, they put it up against chevy, ford, and toyota, and Nissan won for 1/2 ton size.

If you want just for commute, then avoid the big tow package, which has a lower rear end ratio, but gas milage on the Titan is running me 13mpg city, and I got 18mpg when I drove it cross country on cruise control at an average speed of 80 MPH. The rockies didn't help the milage (it had no problems climbing the mountians to 12,000 feet, just used up fuel fast)

Reply to
firewolf65