which version of the 240sx has the best lines? I don't like 1992 240sx.

Peter, Actually the JN1 stands for the Manufacturer...Nissan. The 11th digit in the 17 digit Vehicle Identification Number stands for the manufacturing plant. In this case the 11th digit in the VIN is a "W" = the Kyushu Japan manufacturing plant.

this clarifies things.ID

Peter Hill wrote:

Reply to
REMOVETHISidlafie

digit Vehicle

digit in the VIN

Do you know anything about Nissan VIN codes outside the USA?

My RS13 has code JN100RS13U0202915

My Nissan service manual states that the code U is for Europe and the following zero is described as a place holder. Where is the plant code? Were all RS13's made at the same plant? What else is made at Kyushu?

Peter Hill