Power windo of 1994 Altima SE

The passenger side power window doe not open. The body shop person first said it was the motor and then it was the relay and both did not solve the problem. Now he thinks it is the master switch on the driver side. From the driver side all except the passenger front window work. The switch from the pssenger side also does not open the window. Any suggestions? Thanks.

Reply to
Rao Vadapalli

Hey Rao

I don't have practical experience with Nissan window controls, but I do have a schematic for the window control for your car. Maybe the following can help you isolate where it is coming from.

One this particular schematic, all windows are controlled by 'window amplifiers', which must be a little more than a relay because the main controller talks to these controllers by means of a dedicated data link to each one. They call it 'data link', but I am not sure what kind of data it would need to send (window up/windows down/power off). Seems to me sending asynchronous data is overkill and overcomplex, but maybe the engineers at Nissan thought it was cool to try - who knows.

On each controller, it has two white/red - one is power, the other is 'lock' - may want to make sure you get power before you start. Not sure what the 'lock' signal is supposed to look like (one would assume 12V when unlocked) but maybe see if it changes when you press the 'window lockout' button on the main controller. The black wire is ground on all controllers so make sure you measure power against this wire - this way you know you are getting power for sure.. I would imagine that the problem lies between these three wires - why would a local switch need the data link, right. Maybe the wires between the controller and the motor are bad - be sure to check those.

But in case this data link is somehow always needed for local control, on the passenger side front, the 'data' comes on green/white. On the passenger rear, the data comes in on Green/Red. Once you determine that all power looks good, you could swap those two wires on the main controller to see if the problem moves to the other window. If the problem moves, one would imagine that the main controller is bad. If it doesn't move, something must be wrong with the windows controller or the wiring between the motor/controller.

Hope this is of use to you. Remco

Reply to
remcow

Is your Power Window problem still there?

My power window system was broken, and I fixed it by myself. Now I am clear with it, even the basic element. So if you ...

Reply to
Simonmei