Latest threads in Nissan Altimashow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

'00 Altima spark plug spec for a '99?
The 2000 Altima manual and 1999 Altima manual differ in their specifications for spark plugs. The 2000 recommends using NGK PFR5G-11 for spark plugs, while the 1999 manual specifies NGK FR5AP-10 for...
4
4

94 Altima Repair Advice
I have a 94 Altima GXE with 153K miles on it. Recently some problems have arisen and I am looking for some advice on what I should look to repair first. When I start my car, there is a loud whizzing...

hybrid Altima !
- snip - Nissan Motor Co. plans to launch in the North American market by 2006 a hybrid version of its popular Altima sedan, which is powered by a combination of a gasoline engine and an electric...

2003 Altima vs. Accord
I am currently looking at the 2003 Altima and the 2003 Accord. Can anyone give me some input on both of these vehicles? I would like to here from some Altima owners to know what they think about the...
1
1

Changing ATF
Greetings. I have always been a do-it-yourselfer when it comes to car repairs and maintenance. My 2000 Altima GXE is coming up on 30,000 miles and I want to change the ATF. I have 2 questions for the...

constant clicking noise in 95 altima
i have a 95 altima that just yesterday started making a non-stop clicking noise when in the on or start key positions. i took apart the dash/tapedeck area and found it was originating from a metal box...

Re: i have a 95 nissa altima power window switch is bad where can i get a cheap one and how do i go about replacing it
I had really good luck with auto parts recyclers. Called around for best price. I not only bought the switch at less than half the dealers price, the guy installed it for me for $10 in less than 20...

2001 rattling and lock issues
Hi All, Having a little trouble with a 2001 Altima and wondering if anyone has any answers. Two things. First is a rattling noise which happens whenever the car hits a bump. Its appears to be coming...
2
2

Buying Nissan in Canada: How close to dealer invoice ???
Regarding buying a new Altima 3.5 (in Canada, specifically SW-Ontario), was wondering how tough the dealer is gonna be if I come armed with dealer invoice price and start negotiating at the invoice...
1
1

2002 Altima Using Oil
Should my 3.5SE 5spd be using oil. I am needing to put oil into it between changes. I have 29000km 18,000 miles on it. I do not drive the car hard at all and most of my driving is on a freeway. I...
3
3

Oil Smoke
My son has a 1995 4cyl and sent an e-mail from college to say that the car is smoking and that there appears to be a crack in the "pipe from the oil reservoir to the engine". Can someone tell me what...
1
1

Pressure release
I have a 2000 Altima 45000miles. Lately I have been hearing what sounds like air is being released under high pressure some every two minutes and dies off after 20 minutes. Very noticeable on the...

Nissan Altima 60K service
Hi, I bought a 98 Nissan Altima used car last year (46K miles). In 15 months I have put 23K miles and now I want to do the 60K tune up. When I call the dealer in Champaign, IL. I was told that it...
2
2

Routine maintenance question
I have a '97 Altima with approximately 84K miles (the odometer broke at about 81K). Is it time to replace the timing belt? If so, should I have the water/fuel pumps and thermostat done simultaneously...
4
4

Nissan altima 2000 Manual
Does anyone know where to download the manual ? TIA