2000 GLE Traction Control

What exactly does the TCS on the 2K GLE do? Just back off the torque? Is there any way to "reprogram" it to transfer more torque to the front wheel with the better traction?

Reply to
Fred

If I recall, in the Max TCS will reduce fuel to one or more cylinders, as well as upshift the transmission (unless it was manually put into a low gear).

More advanced systems will change the transfer of torque, but not in the Max. Still, it works well enough in my 2002 GLE and has stopped me from sliding sideways on ice or snow a few times.

Of course it is only available with an automatic tranny.

"Fred" wrote:

Reply to
Pat