2000 Maxima GLE - front right headlight

I'm having a problem with the front right headlight of my Maxima. The headlight only works under the low light daytime running mode -- not when turned on to the mode required for night time driving.

Someone else I know had a similar problem and the dealer charged them

400 hundred dollars because they said it was a computer related problem!

Any suggestions/help would be appreciated...

Reply to
Aman Sawrup

yeah right, four hundred bucks. I don't know who the bigger sucker is here, you for believing this BS or the guy that owns the car for paying .

try a new bulb

9007 halogen to be exact

Reply to
NissTech

Reply to
john smith

Reply to
john smith

I had the exact same issue...daytime running lights worked but when you turn on the headlight switch for night time driving, one of the headlight turns off completely.

Problem was the headlight switch (on the steering column). It was a very easy fix (just required only a phillips screwdriver and about 10 minutes). The switch itself was cheap too...around $60.00 CAD if I remember correctly.

David

Reply to
db

After much investigation, the problem turned out to be the Daytime Running Light Module. (And, no it wasn't the frigging headlight). The part retails from Nissan for $250 CDN, but I was able to get it for cheaper because of contact at Nissan. The part is easy to replace -- it's located next to the windshield-washer spout on the 2000 Maxima (left of said part). The dealer would've charged close to $400 to fix the problem.

Note: although I replaced the part, Pierre Boutin was able to repair the part (see

Aman Sawrup wrote:

Reply to
Aman Sawrup