2000 Maxima "SET" light blinking

After driving on hwy with Cruise ON, got off on secondary roads, after a few stop lights, the "SET" light started blinking. when this
happens, you can't use Cruise. If I turn off engine and restart, SET light goes OFF, and Criuse function is restored. I've checked for error codes but there are none. This has happened twice, both times, same scenerio, had used Cruise, after several stops light blinks. Anybody got any clues as to what is causing this? Thanks, john