2000 Maxima trouble code

Need some help folks, I'm getting P0158, "O2 sensor circuit Hi volts(bank 2, sensor 2)". Which is bank 2(the front?), where is sensor 2? does this code mean O2 sensor is definitely bad or have any of you had other experience with this code? When I read the code , engine was NOT at operating temp. Thanks, John

Reply to
JRnNC

It's the front bank downsteam (after the converter) sensor. It's likely either bad, or there's a connection problem. The service manual lists other possibilities:

Possible Causes

I Harness or connectors (The sensor circuit is open or shorted.) I Rear heated oxygen sensor I Fuel pressure I Injectors I Intake air leaks

Reply to
JimV

Thanks JimV for info, I'd like to get a service manual for this Max, what's best/reasonable source? Is there a CD version available? Thanks, John

Reply to
JRnNC

depending on mileage , you may be able to get the O2 sensor replaced and the ECM reprogrammed at no charge at your local Nissan dealership

Reply to
NissTech

messagenews: snipped-for-privacy@l53g2000cwa.googlegroups.com...

Reply to
JRnNC

Not to rain on your parade, but it's almost never a loose connection. The code just takes a few start cycles to set again.

Reply to
JimV

correct,,,its going to come back again.

had to have a pair replaced at less than 40K - O2 sensors are not a Nissan strong point.

Reply to
common_ sense