2002 Maxima code P1800

Hi there,

I got this code off my son's car with my code reader. Unfortunately, the book that came with the reader does not list Nissan code numbers. My son's Nissan book, which I think is a Haynes, does not have that number. Anyone know what it pertains to?

Thanks

Alex

Reply to
Alex Magdaleno

My A33 (2002? thru 2004) FSM lists:

DTC P1800 VIAS CONTROL SOLENOID VALVE

Component Description NFEC1400 The VIAS control solenoid valve cuts the intake manifold vacuum signal for power valve control. It responds to ON/OFF signals from the ECM. When the solenoid is off, the vacuum signal from the intake manifold is cut. When the ECM sends an ON signal the coil pulls the plunger downward and feeds the vacuum signal to the power valve actuator.

Al Moodie.

Reply to
Al Moodie

Thanks Al. Would this be a problem that could strand him of can he wait a few days before taking it to the shop?

Reply to
Alex Magdaleno

Here's the straight dope, again from the FSM:

-------------------------------------- When the engine is running at medium speed, the ECM sends the ON signal to the VIAS control solenoid valve. This signal introduces the intake manifold vacuum into the power valve actuator and therefore closes the power valve. Under this condition, the effective intake manifold length is equivalent to the total length of passage A and passage B. This long intake manifold provides increased amount of intake air, which results in improved suction efficiency and higher torque. When engine is running at low or high speed, the ECM sends the OFF signal to the VIAS control solenoid valve and the power valve is opened. Under this condition, the effective intake manifold length is equivalent to the length of passage B. This shortened intake manifold length results in enhanced engine output due to reduced suction resistance under high speeds.

You will not be stranded, there is no urgency to get it fixed.

Al Moodie.

Reply to
Al Moodie

Thanks Al, I wondered how those variable intakes worked.

Reply to
Alex Magdaleno