2001 SE Anniv Ed..serviceenginesoon light on(57,560miles)..so....

.I go to my fav NissanServiceCenter, great guys, and inquire about possible reasons. This is my 6th Max since '87. Love'm. In the past always OxSens but w/ this low milag concerned about why! Learn the ecm is covered under powertrain warranty till 60,000 and they reprogram and reset SES light. I suppose I got lucky this time.

I wonder what to do if it happens again after 60,000 miles. There was a TSB on this. Seems to me things like this should ALWAYS be taken care of by Nissan. Sure wish I kew WHAT caused the problem...any ideas?

great site, this is!....

Reply to
surfsalterpath

reasons. This is my 6th Max since '87. Love'm. In the past always OxSens but w/ this low milag concerned about why! Learn the ecm is covered under powertrain warranty till 60,000 and they reprogram and reset SES light. I suppose I got lucky this time.

on this. Seems to me things like this should ALWAYS be taken care of by Nissan. Sure wish I kew WHAT caused the problem...any ideas?

It was probably the infamous P0420 code (three way catalyst - TSB NTB00-070a) which applies to '00 an 01 models. The solution is to reflash the ECU with code which isn't so tempermental. BTW, if in the US, the ECU is covered for 8 years, 80,000 miles as part of the federal emissions warranty.

Reply to
Dan

Reply to
lwilliams