2002 Maxima SE Tie Rods

I have an 02' Maxima SE with 48,000 miles on it. I was told that I need both inner and outer tie rods which will cost about $300 a side. Does anyone know if this is a common problem on these cars? I don't remember hearing that these had to get replaced so soon- I also didn't see it in the maintenance manual. Also is this a good price?

-Anthony Morano

Reply to
antmorano

Unless you routinely drive through potholes & boulders, I would get a second opinion before dumping that kind of money.

What are the handling problems you are trying to get fixed?

Reply to
E Meyer

I'm not really trying to fix any problems. When I went in for my oil change I was told that I needed them. I am the second owner of this car- so the first owner could have been doing a lot of pothole driving. I don't believe the car has a handling problem. But I will now get a second opinion.

-Anthony Morano

Reply to
antmorano

I have YET to see worn inner and or outer tie rod ends on ANY of the newer series Maximas. (2000 to present)

Reply to
NissTech