2002 Maxima SE: What is a good tire replacement

Losing traction up front and need to consider tire replacments for the wide 'skinny' ones that came with it. I like the look but want something that still looks good but makes the ride a little smoother. Any suggestions?

Reply to
David Greenberg

Try this:

JW

I replaced the stock Potenza's on my 2003 SE with Bridgestone Turenza LS-V. If you have the 17 inch tires, they're pretty expensive; mine were 147 each from Tire Rack back in July, all the brands were expensive. Even though they're from the same manufacturer, these are MUCH better in all categories than the Potenza's; the ride smoothed out somewhat, but not really very much. With the SE suspension, it takes some soft side walls to smooth the ride noticeably. Wet and dry traction, cornering, and braking is great, haven't had enough snow this year to get a feel for that yet. There's probably other good tires out there too.

Reply to
John Smith