Re: Spare tire 2002 Maxima SE

1) Nobody, but nobody, keeps 225/50X17 tires of any kind in stock. "We can get one from the warehouse, it'll get here tomorrow morning." Swell.

2) The OEM 'donut' spare is just farking worthless. You've got to limp along at 60, and I don't even want to think what damage I might have done to the transaxle driving over 100 miles on the donut. [If you know, don't tell me.]

So I'm going to get a full-sized spare. Since it's just to allow me to get home at reasonable speed, I don't need a high performance tire, let alone an alloy wheel.

It seems that 5G GLE's used a 15" steel wheel and a

205/65X15 tire, so I figure I'll see if a local junkyard has one.

If I have no luck finding a 5G steel wheel, does anyone know what other models took a steel wheel with the right bolt pattern and offset?

Thanks

DB

Reply to
Boots Crofoot