2006 Maxima SL

Does the 2006 SL come with a front license plate bracket as standard equipment? My car did not come with a bracket. I traded a 6 month old 2006 SE in on this car, and it came with a bracket, which was in a bag with the fasteners in the trunk.

The moron who sold me this car told me that he could "find out the cost and sell me a bracket". The reps at 800-NISSAN-1 have not been able to answer the question.

Every car I've ever purchased came with a front license plate bracket. This is a petty oversight and an outrage for a $30K car.

Reply to
JohnnyGee

That's IT. Take it back and get a full refund! My God, they screwed up the license plat bracket of all things!!! I could accept a blown motor, a flood recovery from hurricane Katrina, but a screwed up license plate bracket*&^%???

I know you probably hate me know, but c'mon dude! Lighten up! It's just a freakin bracket!

CD

Reply to
Codifus

You traded a 6 month old 2008 SE for a 2006 SL,,,????

Apparently you have money to burn, and can afford ten bucks or so for a license plate bracket,,,,,-,,,,,considering the 6 or 10 grand you lost doing the trade,,,,?????

"JohnnyGee" wrote:

Reply to
AZV14

The 2006 SE was hammered to hell in a hailstorm. Took the insurance money and applied toward the new car. Since I only buy cars about every 10 years or so, I can afford it.

Now about the bracket, it's asinine that a $30K vehicle would come without it. Since the SE came with it, I can only assume the SL, a higher trim level car, should come with it. This car is "Nissan's Flagship" according to the sticker.

Since I'm in customer service for a major jet aircraft manufacturer, maybe I oughta tell my customers "Since you have $18 million to blow on a new jet, maybe you shouldn't be complaining..." I wonder how long I'll keep my job.

Reply to
Stu Gotz

Wow, what a brilliant comeback. Too bad you didn't answer my question. Are you a car salesman, Einstein?

Reply to
Stu Gotz

The salesman doesn't want to give it to you, since those kind of things he has to pay for out of his own pocket. Give the sales manager a call, and if he doesn't cooperate call the GM of the dealership. Those guys tend to be pretty accessible, you'll get your bracket.

My guess is it just got lost, or another salesman robbed peter to pay paul.

It could be the great Circle of License Plate Brackets - this could have been going on for 2 years, where there are Maximas all over the greater XX area are driving around with another Maxima's factory-given bracket. Oh, the horror.

An amusing solution would be to go "test drive" another Maxima, and just drop its license plate bracket off at your house.

Reply to
Rich

The car came with the bracket but Moron probably threw it away, lost it, or put it on a different car.

Reply to
ParnelliJones

To think of all the hoops I have to go through to leave the blasted thing OFF of a new car. On my 2000 camaro SS I had to make it a condition of sale to leave it off and not place an ugly vinyl dealership emblem on the back. That was 32 grand. To each their own though. My used 2005 max SE I was promised that the driver's side mirror (missing a finger sized chunk) would be fixed on warrantee and a spare key would be provided, neither materialized after the papers were signed. The key + fob + program cost me $250. The mirror would cost

700+ not including paint and install. stealership indeed. Fight for what you deserve.
Reply to
astro

My maxima came with front and back plate holders but 2 plates are compulsory here so they have to. And for the dollars you put out on a Maxima the dealership should put one on anyway if you ask.

Reply to
The Axelrods

Yes, it comes with a bracket if the dealer orders it that way. I can't imagine any salesman letting a deal go by because of a front license bracket.

Reply to
Chuck In Dallas