2006 nissan maxima ABS

I own a 2006 maxima 3.5 SL. Suddenly, every time I apply the brakes the car shudders like the ABS system is kicking in. There is a loud grinding noise. I actually had the brakes inspected a while back and they are still in good shape( they have 40k on them). Anyone ever hear of this issue?

Thanks,

Reply to
polierb

Is the grinding at all times? Check wheel bearing, I had a truck that a bad bearing caused the speed sensor to think the wheel was locking up and kicking in the anti-lock, but was only when it hit a bump while braking.

Reply to
jambru72

snipped-for-privacy@comcast.net wrote in news:b33e1268-05c9-4024-a8f4-3f6660237c05 @s37g2000prg.googlegroups.com:

How long is "a while back"?

That's plenty of mileage for one pad to get down to the steel, especially if you live where there are snowy winters.

Have them inspected again.

Reply to
Tegger